Purchase $75 or more on Bedding
use code: BSND15
This item cannot be purchased online at this time, please call us or email us for further information.
Phone: (601) 362-7257
This incredibly luxurious Mohair Mattress is 100 percent natural. It is the perfect mattress for either a newborn or toddler! Not only is it extremely comfortable and supportive during their development stage but it is also safe and natural! It is made from the most durable natural fibers in the world. The core of the mattress is made of horsetail hair to provide firmness and better overall support. The horsetail is sandwiched in between by 100 percent organic coconut fiber for additional support. Finally, the top layer is composed of soft Mohair fleece providing durability and breathability along with excellent insulating properties of wool. All of the fibers are natural and from a renewable and sustainable source. The mattress is covered in 100 percent organic natural cotton that is removable and machine washable. This is a firmer mattress and is also ideal for older babies.
The Mohair Mattress is well constructed and built to last. Its long-lasting springs and support are great for your child’s development. Every part of this mattress is made by hand with no fancy computer or fancy machinery. Precision and quality is what is in the mind of the employees that are constructing and developing this mattress for your child. The mattress is completely chemical free and comes with a 5 year guarantee. The overall dimensions are 52 by 27.5 by 5 inches. The mattress itself weighs approximately 15.4 pounds.
• Organic lambswool
• Organic coir
• Horsetail hair
• Natural cotton cover Breathable & Organic
• Does not absorb heat or moisture.
• Naturally breathable and self ventilating materials.
• Helps babies regulate their temperature and sleep through the night.
• Organic mohair is an excellent insulator, keeping children warm in cold conditions and cool in warm conditions.
• Eco-friendly packaging made from potato starch and a mixture of recyclable and renewable paper sources. Anti Allergy & Anti Bed Bug
• Latex foam is naturally hypoallergenic and antimicrobial and offers complete protection from bacteria and dust-mites.
• A treatment of lemon, eucalyptus and lavender makes our lambswool anti--dust mite, anti moth and anti-mosquito.
• These properties will reduce the risk of asthma and other allergic reactions.
• All our outer covers are finished with a natural compound derived from geraniol which renders them anti bed-bug.
• All outer covers have zips so that they can be removed and washed at 140ºF. Dust mites are killed at 135ºF. Comfort & Support
• Our organic coir (from the outer husk of the coconut) is sourced from the only certified organic source.
• Its superb natural spring and support ensures baby and child maintain a good posture while they are growing.
• Wool is an excellent insulator and ventilator, ensuring an even temperature and helping babies to remain comfortable.
• Our organic lambswool comes direct from certified organic British West Country farms.
• It is processed on the edge of Dartmoor, England – all within a 50 miles radius of the Naturalmat factory.
• This helps sustain local raw materials and craftsmanship and keeps the carbon footprint of your mattress low. Care
• Outer covers are removable and can be machine washed at 140°F.
• You can get extra protection for the mattress with a Naturalmat waterproof organic mattress protector.
Mohair Mat – Features & Benefits
Protect your mattress from those little accidents! Extra protection is offered with a Naturalmat breathable waterproof mattress protectors.A breathable waterproof membrane is sandwiched between two layers of organic flannelette giving you the perfect protection while maintaining the breathability of the mattress. An organic cotton sheet can then be used on top of the protector.
If the mattress is ever soiled you can unzip the outer cover only and machine wash it at 140ºF. This will also kill any dust mites and bacteria. Allow covers to dry naturally (do not tumble dry). The inner cover holds all the natural fibres in place and should not be removed. This cover can be sponged clean if needed and left to dry naturally. Once the outer cover is completely dry it can be zipped back onto the mattress.
We make our covers a tight fit for the mattresses and when washed they will go back onto the mattress but it is always a squeeze, we regularly wash test our fabric so have experience at this! Top tip for successfully achieving this operation: Put one end of the mattress so that you can put the opposite end into the other end of the cover. Carefully close the zip pushing the material together. Take care not to put too much pressure on the zip when closing. If you happen to damage your cover or just want a spare we sell replacement covers. Please contact us for more information.
Turn the mattress every three months.
What makes Naturalmat mattresses so good?
Our mattresses are free of all chemicals and synthetic materials to give you every reassurance that your baby has a safe, comfortable and healthy start to life. The mattresses are breathable, chemical free, non-allergenic and more durable than any other baby mattress you can buy.
Do Naturalmat mattresses have a plastic cover?
No, we cover our mattresses with an inner cover of unbleached herringbone and then add our fantastic quilted cotton outer cover for maximum breathability and comfort. The cover is removable and machine washable at 140ºF. Most existing baby mattresses have a plastic cover, which prevents air circulating through the mattress increasing the chances of the baby overheating. It is not only dangerous for a baby to overheat but also cause discomfort and disrupted sleep.
If my baby is sick on the mattress how do I clean it?
If the bed linen is penetrated and the mattress cover is sullied then remove it and machine wash it at 140ºF to kill any bacteria. All of our protectors and sheets are machine washable at 140ºF for maximum hygiene (bacteria and dust mites are killed at 135ºF).
Do I need a mattress protector? What bed linen do I need?
For babies, we recommend that you protect your mattress with one of our mattress protectors with a cotton sheet on top. The combination should absorb any sick, drool, moisture etc. If the mattress cover is ever soiled then remove it and machine wash it at 140ºF to kill any germs. Bacteria and dust mites are killed at 135ºF.
You May Also Like
Review / Comments Write a review
Follow us for savings
Please Visit Our Store
When in Mississippi
©2015 Cullen's PlayPen Inc.