LABOR DAY SALES EVENT
Save 10% Use Coupon Code LD10
This item cannot be purchased online at this time, please call us or email us for further information.
Phone: (601) 362-7257
Spring Mat + Mattress Protector
This is a premium made spring mattress made in England. It is the perfect product for your child, from newborns to toddlers. This is unlike any other mattress. Not only is this mattress filled with dual support but it also has multiple layers that will insure your child maximum comfort and solid sleep. It is made of a number of pure and natural materials. Natural materials include organic lambs wool, organic cotton and coconut coir. The springs are pocketed and perfectly fitted to avoid your child from feeling them, or any discomfort.
The pocketed springs are in a medium tension which provides not only extra comfort but also extra support for your child. Each mattress is hand made in England. Alongside the materials that are used in producing this mattress, the features are another thing that parents can take advantage of. This dual-sided mattress is great for both newborns and kids. It’s layered so that you can use the coconut coir side for newborns and as your child get older, you simply turn the mattress over and use the springier latex side for the toddler years.
Not only is the mattress practical and safe for your child but the mattress protector in included and is completely waterproof and washable. The spring mat and mattress protector themselves is will give you many years of use.
• Organic lambswool
• Organic coir
• Pocket springs
• Natural latex
• Natural cotton cover
Breathable & Organic
• Does not absorb heat or moisture.
• Naturally breathable and self ventilating materials.
• Helps babies regulate their temperature and sleep through the night.
• Eco-friendly packaging made from potato starch and a mixture of recyclable and renewable paper sources.
Anti Allergy & Anti Bed Bug
• Latex foam is naturally hypoallergenic and antimicrobial and offers complete protection from bacteria and dust-mites.
• A treatment of lemon, eucalyptus and lavender makes our lambswool anti--dust mite, anti moth and anti-mosquito.
• These properties will reduce the risk of asthma and other allergic reactions.
• All our outer covers are finished with a natural compound derived from geraniol which renders them anti bed-bug.
• All outer covers have zips so that they can be removed and washed at 140ºF. Dust mites are killed at 135ºF.
Comfort & Support
•Our organic coir (from the outer husk of the coconut) is sourced from the only certified organic source.
• Medium tension hand nested pocket springs provide extra support
• Its superb natural spring and support ensures babies and children maintain good posture while they are growing.
• Wool is an excellent insulator and ventilator, ensuring an even temperature and helping babies to remain comfortable.
• Our organic lambswool comes direct from certified organic British West Country farms.
• All lambswool is sourced within a 50 miles radius of the Naturalmat factory.
• This helps sustain local raw materials and craftsmanship and keeps the carbon footprint of your mattress low.
• Use the coir side for your newborn and switch to the latex side as your little one grows!
• Outer covers are removable and can be machine washed at 140°F.
• You can get extra protection for the mattress with a Naturalmat waterproof organic mattress protector.
Protect your mattress from those little accidents! Extra protection is offered with a Naturalmat breathable waterproof mattress protectors.A breathable waterproof membrane is sandwiched between two layers of organic flannelette giving you the perfect protection while maintaining the breathability of the mattress. An organic cotton sheet can then be used on top of the protector.
If the mattress is ever soiled you can unzip the outer cover only and machine wash it at 140ºF. This will also kill any dust mites and bacteria. Allow covers to dry naturally (do not tumble dry). The inner cover holds all the natural fibres in place and should not be removed. This cover can be sponged clean if needed and left to dry naturally. Once the outer cover is completely dry it can be zipped back onto the mattress.
We make our covers a tight fit for the mattresses and when washed they will go back onto the mattress but it is always a squeeze, we regularly wash test our fabric so have experience at this! Top tip for successfully achieving this operation: Put one end of the mattress so that you can put the opposite end into the other end of the cover. Carefully close the zip pushing the material together. Take care not to put too much pressure on the zip when closing. If you happen to damage your cover or just want a spare we sell replacement covers. Please contact us for more information.
Turn the mattress every three months.
What makes Naturalmat mattresses so good?
Our mattresses are free of all chemicals and synthetic materials to give you every reassurance that your baby has a safe, comfortable and healthy start to life. The mattresses are breathable, chemical free, non-allergenic and more durable than any other baby mattress you can buy.
Do Naturalmat mattresses have a plastic cover?
No, we cover our mattresses with an inner cover of unbleached herringbone and then add our fantastic quilted cotton outer cover for maximum breathability and comfort. The cover is removable and machine washable at 140ºF. Most existing baby mattresses have a plastic cover, which prevents air circulating through the mattress increasing the chances of the baby overheating. It is not only dangerous for a baby to overheat but also cause discomfort and disrupted sleep.
If my baby is sick on the mattress how do I clean it?
If the bed linen is penetrated and the mattress cover is sullied then remove it and machine wash it at 140ºF to kill any bacteria. All of our protectors and sheets are machine washable at 140ºF for maximum hygiene (bacteria and dust mites are killed at 135ºF).
Do I need a mattress protector? What bed linen do I need?
For babies, we recommend that you protect your mattress with one of our mattress protectors with a cotton sheet on top. The combination should absorb any sick, drool, moisture etc. If the mattress cover is ever soiled then remove it and machine wash it at 140ºF to kill any germs. Bacteria and dust mites are killed at 135ºF.
Other Items In The Collection
Review / Comments Write a review
©2013 Cullen's PlayPen Inc.